Monday already?! Seems like these summer days are just flying by! We had a jam-packed Saturday and Sunday which included AJ’s first swim lesson at the YMCA! She had a GREAT time. It was so awesome to see her “swim” like a little fish in her dad’s arms. Considering that six months ago she was still crying through her evening baths, this is quite the accomplishment!
Another big milestone that happened this week is that our little one is WALKING. She’s been taking steps here and there but over the weekend she really got going! Crawling is still the preferred method of locomotion when she wants to get somewhere (or get to some thing) fast . . . but she’s getting very confident in her walking skills! On Sunday, my mom and I took her shopping for walking shoes. I didn’t end up buying anything because as it turns out, her feet are wide and most of the shoes looked uncomfortably tight on her. There was a pair of Stride Rite’s that looked pretty good, but I thought I’d check out a boutique nearby where I purchased her first pair of pre-walking sandals. But I’m glad I took AJ in person to try on shoes instead of shopping online like I do so often for her clothes. Shoes are one of those things that really need to fit just right!
Other things that happened this weekend: My friend, A, spent a few hours on Saturday afternoon just hanging out. She is 12 weeks pregnant with her first child and it’s interesting to experience a friend being pregnant from THIS side of the delivery table. 🙂 And, we had lunch with my dad and step-mom. Dad is undergoing some health issues and it was really special that he made it out to AJ’s lesson and then lunch. I could tell he was hurting but he really wanted to be with us.
Now, on to Monday Morning Chit-Chat brought to you by Carla:
What are you….
- Reading… The second book in the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I wanted to see what the hype was all about and it’s pretty awful . . . but I give major props to the author for publishing such a phenomenon!
- Watching… I feel like there isn’t anything good on t.v. right now! I watched the “Sister Wives” special with Natalie Morales last night (and this morning via DVR). Ho hum.
- Cooking/Baking… Tonight will be R’s favorite tuna casserole . . . other things on the menu this week include baked pacific flounder, spinach and tomatoes with pasta and feta, and lots of greens!
- Happy you accomplished… I feel like I didn’t accomplish much with how busy the weekend was . . . it’s such a small thing but I’m glad that I did all our laundry, folded it and put it away as well as outfit planned the work week for AJ and I. It really does help our mornings go much smoother!
- Looking forward to next week… I’m looking forward to seeing my good friend R and her triplets this Saturday! It will be the first time our babies will meet as she just moved back to town!
- Thankful for today… My dad and all that he has done for me and continues to do for me today. He had surgery on Thursday and we’re waiting to hear back on the results of a biopsy (this Friday).
- Listening to.. Dave Ramsey in the car to and from the chiropractor’s office this morning.
- *Bonus Question* What is the WORST movie you’ve ever seen & couldn’t be paid to watch again? Ugh, there are so many because R and I have such different tastes in movies . . . all of his “picks” are pretty bad. But one that comes to mind is Transformers. I know it’s such a blockbuster but meh, not my cup of tea at all.
Have a good week, everyone!