Ah! It’s FRIDAY!! How about a Friday Five?
1. We woke up to rain this morning and it was such a cozy way to start the day. Unfortunately it looks like the storm is over and we’ll be back up to summer-like temperatures in the 80s this weekend. It was nice to break out the tights and boots while it lasted (two days). Right now I’m looking out my office window watching huge puffy white clouds move past on the horizon against a bright blue sky – it’s so lovely to have weather!!
2. I’m super excited for this weekend. DH and I have been talking about buying a house for awhile now and focusing on saving up money. We many not be QUITE there YET but this weekend we decided to check out an open house for a brand new development being built in a community we’d like to live in. It appears to be in our price range (the website just lists a “starting at” price) and the floor plans are spacious. It’ll be fun to atleast take a look and see if it might be a possibility.
3. On Sunday we are taking a drive out to the “country” to visit a pumkin patch that I’ve heard is THE place to go in San Diego called Bates Nut Farm. I also heard it can be a bit of a zoo so we’re going early to avoid traffic on the one-lane highway. I’m hoping to finish a pumkin hat I’m knitting for my little one so she can wear it (at least for a minute or two) there.
4. Ugh, I woke up early this morning with a sore throat and that thingy that hangs down in the back of my throat feels swollen and gross. Since my little one started daycare I have to say that I’ve been sick more times than I have in my entire life! I’m hoping that I’m building up my immunity and next year will be better.
5. Next Tuesday is Boss’s Day and my co-workers and I decided to get a little creative about what to do to celebrate our totally awesome boss (seriously, she’s the best). We debated getting a plant for her desk (boring) or taking her out to lunch ($) but then we finally agreed to collaborate on making this:
Yum! Pumpkin Spice Smoothies (the photo should link to the source blog if I did it right)! I discovered it on Pinterest, of course. So one co-worker is bringing in the spices, I’m bringing in the pumpkin, banana and almond milk . . . and another co-worker is bringing in glasses and a blender! I can’t wait until Monday! And hey, it’s cheaper than a desk plant or a lunch out!