Happy Monday!! This is my last full-week of work before our family vacation in Hawaii! Whoohoo!
Today’s Monday Morning Chit-Chat is brought to you by My 1/2 Dozen Daily:
On Sunday we took a trip out to the “country” to visit a place called Bates Nut Farm . . . I was warned that it would be crowded but OH. MY. GOODNESS it was insanely crowded – and HOT! The car thermometer on my parent’s car said 92 degrees! That is way too hot for autumn. Unfortunately, we are in for a week of high temperatures – apparently the weather hasn’t gotten the message yet that it’s time for scarves, boots, tights, hats and mittens!!
What are you…
- Reading: Yup . . . still on “Game of Thrones” . . .
- Watching: We got caught up on Survivor last night – okay episode, feel bad that the one team keeps losing!
- Listening to: the sounds of coughing! The little one and I are both sick with chest colds.
- Cooking/Baking: Tonight it’s a pre-made tuna casserole from the freezer. I love it when my past-self has the foresight to help her future-self out with dinner!
- Happy you accomplished this week: I got a lot of solid work done at the office. . . important because I’ll be out for three weeks on vacation at the end of October/early November! Can’t wait!
- Looking forward to next week: I’m splurging a little bit on some self-grooming treatments I normally would not do (i.e. waxing/pedicure) for the vacation I just mentioned. I’ve only been waxed once and it was INCREDIBLY painful but I really don’t want to deal with my bikini-line and I expect to be in a swimsuit a lot on vacation!
- Thankful for today: my voice . . . today I have laryngitis (a side-effect of that cold) and I can barely talk. Makes me miss my voice and realize how hard it is communicate without it!!
- Bonus question: What time do you go to bed & wake up in the morning? I usually go to bed about 9 p.m. and get up around 5 a.m. Usually I read a book until I’m sleepy – but that doesn’t take long! I’m a person that needs a solid 8 hours each night.
I decided to do a 30-day Marriage Challenge (links to a PDF of the challenge). I really appreciate my husband and all that he does for me/our family. As a two-parent working-outside-of-the-home family, it’s easy to just be on the go ALL the time. Because we don’t necessarily have traditional husband and wife roles I don’t always “act like a wife.” To be honest, I’m not TOTALLY sure what I mean by that (and I don’t mean anything derogatory towards women who are stay/work-at-home moms with more “traditional” family roles). Anyway, the point is that I want my husband to know how wonderful I think he is and hey, why not focus 100 percent on my BFF and love of my life for a month?
I’ll be skipping around the challenges rather than going in straight 1-30 order just because it’ll be easier to do something like bake a treat just for him (#6) on a weekend. I’ll try to remember to update weekly! Anyone interested in playing along? 🙂